The drive is now finished but you can still help at any time by dropping to Wellington City Mission.
NEWTOWN DROP OFF
Items can be dropped off at Wellington City Mission in Newtown between 9am - 3:30pm Monday - Thursday and 10:30am - 3:30pm Friday. Please make sure products are unopened and in a box labelled 'Soap and Society' on each side.
Donating Products By Mail
Once you've gathered a stash of products, put your products in a box and label the box 'Soap For Society' on each side.
Address the box to the following address:
Soap For Society, Wellington City Mission, 19 Gordon Place, Newtown, Wellington 6021.
What can I donate?
While everything and anything is appreciated, Wellington City Mission have expressed a particular need for the items below:
- Sanitary items
- Shaving foam
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Body wash
However, anything will be gratefully recieved from combs, hairbands, face wipes, sunscreen and even lipsticks.
Things to know:
- Start collecting products - try shampoo, body wash, deodorant, soap, shaving products, tampons, wipes, hand sanitiser - the kinds of things you can't imagine living without.
- Don't forget hotel products or miniatures. These are smaller and lighter so can be carried around if a person doesn't have a home.
- Products need to be unopened, to comply with health and safety rules. Please do not donate nail polish or nail polish remover or perfume because these are solvents.
Get work or school involved:
- Get people at your local school to gather product together and then organise to drop it down in bulk after collecting over the next few weeks. The best place would be Wellington City Mission in Newtown because there is more space to organise everything in bulk.
- Get work involved and arrange a space cupboard to collect your products. Again, get some people together to drive it down to Newtown.
- Organise into special kits based on what the need is (ie girls bathroom basics).
- Share the campaign on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter and share with people at work via your internal email!